Feb 1, 2008

Great, snakes on crack!

I missed the DePaul game, but I am damn happy with the result, and I might go tomorrow to the Wachovia Center to see 'Cuse take on Nova. However, I might not, because people are still saying that Donte Green will be a top 5 pick (nbadraft.net, I'm talking to you). Once he declares his intentions to be a sophomore at Syracuse University will I go to another game.
As anyone who reads this blog would know, I made some shitty playoff picks as the New Year rolled around. Here is my shitty Super Bowl lock of the week/year/month: Patriots cover, 28-14. And as an added benefit of taking The Sports Industry this semester, I present you with Super Bowl counter-programming:
ABC

“America’s Funniest Home Videos” rerun and “Meet The Fockers”

8:00-11:00pm

CBS
“60 Minutes” and “Shark” and “Cold Case” reruns

7:30-11:00pm

NBC

“Biggest Loser” marathon

7:00-11:00pm

Animal Planet

“Puppy Bowl IV”

3:00pm-3:00am

Bravo

“Law & Order: Criminal Intent” marathon

6:00pm-2:00am

ESPN

ISU European Championships

9:00-10:00pm

ESPN2

“World’s Strongest Man Competition” marathon

6:00pm-5:00am

Food Network

“Food Network Challenge”

3:00-9:00pm

Hallmark Channel

“Murder She Wrote” marathon

8:00-3:00am

Lifetime

“Football-Free Movie Extravaganza”

11:00-2:00am

Oxygen

“Deion and Pilar: Primetime Love”


Spike TV

“MLE Chowdown Championship: Ham N’ Egg”


Speed TV

“Lucas Oil on the Edge,” “Monster Jams” and “PINKS: All Out” episodes

2:00pm-4:00am

TBS

“What Women Want” movie marathon

Noon-midnight

TLC

“Miss America Pageant” re-air

6:00pm-2:00am

TNT

“The Closer” marathon

Noon-midnight

Travel Channel

“Tribal Odyssey” marathon

7:00pm-3:00am

USA Network

“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”

6:00pm-3:00am

WE

“Rich Bride, Poor Bride,” “My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding” and “Platinum Wedding” marathon

4:00pm-5:00am

My pick is definitely Spike TV, due to my love for breakfast food, and my intentions to drop out of school and join the competitive eating circuit. As Eater X mimics Ultimate Warrior with the face paint, I will wear a leather mask to mimic Mankind. Some more analysis: women! TBS is trying to steal as many women who hate football as humanly possible with the Mel Gibson chick flick from hell with bleeding Jesus and a dude getting his face eaten off by Helen Hunt, but I digress. Oxygen, the women's network, with the Deion Sanders reality show pilot? Seriously? I have no response, but I can say with confidence that Noel Devine made the right decision in abandoning Deion's adoptive efforts.
Final thing before I go back to sleep for 10 more hours: the Lakers will NOT win the title this year. Pau Gasol is great and all, but he is still pretty soft. But keeping Bynum and Odom and GETTING RID OF KWAME BROWN (the capital letters show you how happy it makes me for Kobe) will definitely help the Lakers get at least 2 rounds farther in the playoffs this year.
To build on McKeever's post before mine, must-see movie is Coal Miner's Daughter. Sissy Spacek is nasty as Loretta Lynn (she won a damn Oscar), but my highlight was seeing some great acting work from Levon Helm as the Coal Miner. Levon basically got to play himself for a little while, and then play a dead guy, but while his character was alive, he really contributed some great work to this movie.

No comments: